Football’s championship game is about more than what’s happening on the field. There are the commercials, the half-time show and the food. Score major points by bringing this hearty, healthy chili to your football party:.
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 pound chopped cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 cups diced canned tomatoes, no-salt-added variety
- 4 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the zucchini in a single layer in the baking dish. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the oil and chopped onions to a Dutch oven or soup pot. Sauté over low heat until the onions are browned. Add celery and peppers, and continue to sauté. Add garlic, turkey, chili powder and cumin seed. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.