Speaking of HealthUterovaginal prolapse: What's that?September 21, 2023
Speaking of HealthProtecting yourself against HPVSeptember 12, 2023
Speaking of HealthWhy are my periods so irregular, heavy and painful?August 22, 2023
Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB-GYN)
The OB-GYN team cares for women's health needs. The team provides a range of comprehensive services throughout all phases of a woman's life, from adolescence to pregnancy, menopause and beyond.
The OB-GYN team provides surgical and nonsurgical care, including:
- Birth control — If you're considering using birth control, you have many options. Work with an expert to evaluate your lifestyle, personal preferences and health status to determine which birth control method would be best for you.
- Fertility care — Some women struggle to conceive a biological child. If you have been trying to get pregnant or have questions about getting pregnant, the OB-GYN team can help. Learn when to seek help, what causes fertility issues and what services are available near you.
- Pelvic health — Pelvic health disorders are common. Nearly 1 in 3 women experience some form of symptoms, including incontinence, frequency and urgency of urination, pelvic pressure or heaviness, pelvic pain and sexual problems. The multidisciplinary team of experts will work with you to evaluate your problem and design a treatment plan to relieve your symptoms.
- Prenatal care — If you are ready to start or grow your family, the OB-GYN team is here to help. Mayo Clinic Health System's team of experts provides exactly the care you need — from prepregnancy planning to delivery and postpartum care. Innovative care options, such as teleneonatology and Mayo Clinic OB Nest are available.
- Robotic surgery — Select OB-GYN experts use the da Vinci Surgical System to provide an alternative to traditional surgery and conventional laparoscopy. This system helps surgeons perform even the most complex, delicate procedures through small incisions with superior precision.
- Well-women checkup — Preventive care is just as important as taking care of yourself when you're sick. A well-woman checkup is a great opportunity for you and your OB-GYN provider to review your health, discuss preventive health steps, conduct screenings and address questions you may have related to women's health.
Services vary by location, so ask your provider to help you find the care you need at the nearest location.
Meet the providers
An entire team of experts — from nurse-midwives to OB-GYNs to specialists — works together to serve you. Explore the locations and providers below for additional details on OB-GYN services in your area. Many providers have brief videos to help you select a health care provider whose approach to care aligns with yours.