Need to make an appointment?
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter for expert advice, inspiring stories and upcoming events delivered to your inbox once a month.
Conditions & Procedures
Our general surgeons perform a wide range of specialized procedures and are involved in the diagnosis and management of diseases that affect your organ systems listed below. We'll discuss your concerns and provide you with the options that best meet your individual needs.
Not all treatments, tests and services are available at all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. Check with your preferred location in advance.
- Cysts, lumps, cancer, nipple discharge
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy and axillary dissection
- Skin and nipple sparing breast removal
- Prophylactic mastectomy
Colon and Large/Small Intestine
- Adrenal nodules
- Parathyroid removal
- Thyroid cancers
- Thyroid nodules and cysts
- Gallbladder dysfunction
- Carotid artery disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD)
- Vascular bypass (surgery to legs)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- EVAR (Endovascular Aortic Repair)
- Venous Insufficiency
- Varicose veins