Hospital and Clinic1025 Marsh St., Mankato, MN 56001
Providing patient education is critical to ensure patients know their options and feel supported throughout the surgical and recovery process. I lead this process with compassion and active listening to meet the individual needs of patients with the goal of a healthy outcome and an overall increase in quality of life.
As far back as I can recall, medicine and surgery have always been my passion. I began my medical career with Mayo Clinic back in 2011 in the Emergency Department and now currently serve as a Physician Assistant in the field of General Surgery. My experiences in the Emergency Department early on in my career inspired me to continue on to earn my degree as a Physician Assistant at Des Moines University, in Des Moines, IA. I am passionate about the work I engage in each day and committed to the health and wellness of each patient I serve.
On a personal note, I was born and raised in rural Minnesota. I am married and a proud uncle to my niece and nephews. In the limited spare time that I have, living near family allows me to spend quality time with them, which is time that I highly value. In addition, my wife and I love to travel any chance we get. I also enjoy being outdoors, biking, running, and golfing.
Training & Credentials
- Physician Assistant Program, Des Moines University, Iowa
- Basic Disaster Life Support (BDLS)
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training
- FEMA Introduction to the Incident Command System for Hospitals (ICS 100)
- FEMA National Incident Management Systems (NIMS IS-00700.a)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Assisting in DaVinci Robotic surgery. Specifically, robotic cholecystectomy, hernia repairs, and hysterectomies.
- Assisting in the following Surgical Specialties: General, Bariatric, Trauma, Vascular, Thoracic, Obstetrics, and Gynecology.
- Independent surgical clinic for post-operative follow-up examinations, new consults, and outpatient procedures.
- Participating in MCHS Mankato Quality improvement at projects aimed at improving patient outcomes.
- Preceptor to Physician Assistant Students.