brain, nerve and spine experts.
Spine & Neurological Surgery
- Why Choose Us?
- Spine Conditions & Treatments
- Brain Conditions & Treatments
- Peripheral Nerve Conditions and Treatment
- Prevention and Self-care
- When to Make an Appointment
- Preparing for Surgery
Patient StoriesUnforeseen danger of a child's fall: Livia's remarkable recoveryOctober 04, 2023
Speaking of HealthUnderstanding whiplash: Roadmap to relief and recoverySeptember 05, 2023
Speaking of HealthManaging pain and restoring functionAugust 08, 2023
When to Make a Spine & Neurological Surgery Appointment in New Prague
Most back pain — even severe back pain — goes away on its own in four to six weeks with self-care, such as rest, heat or ice, over-the-counter pain medication and exercise. Surgery helps some patients and is generally considered as a last resort.
You should see a surgeon if your severe back pain:
- Follows a fall, blow to your back or other injury
- Is constant or intense pain, especially at night or when you lie down
- Spreads down one or both legs, especially if the pain extends below your knee
- Causes weakness, numbness or tingling in one or both legs
- Occurs with swelling or redness on your back
- Occurs with unintended weight loss
- Occurs with new bowel or bladder control problems
Call today to schedule your appointment. No referral is necessary.