Topics in this Post
Weight loss is a personal journey. Every day, people tell their primary care providers about their individual motivations and goals for losing weight. There are common themes, but many goals are as unique as the people who discuss them.
A list was created by bariatric surgery patients during education sessions held before surgery was discussed. Members of this group meet before having bariatric surgery to discuss the psychological changes that can occur with substantial weight loss and how to adjust their behaviors for their new lifestyles after surgery.
The 10 activities to look forward to after bariatric surgery are:
- Riding on a zip line
- Flying in an airplane without having to use a seatbelt extender
- Riding a roller coaster at the amusement park
- Exploring a cave
- Driving a go kart
- Getting on the floor to play with grandchildren
- Fitting into a stadium seat comfortably
- Getting into and out of a boat without difficulty
- Riding a horse
- Fitting into cowboy boots
If you are considering bariatric surgery for long-term weight loss, bariatric surgery professionals can help you work through your goals to determine if it is right for you. Well-planned goals can help you convert your thoughts into action.