Specialized Care for Women's Health Needs
Need to make an appointment?
Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB-GYN)
Obstetrics & Gynecology in Austin
Mayo Clinic Health System's OB-GYN staff provides surgical and nonsurgical care for women in all stages of life, from adolescence to pregnancy, to menopause and beyond. They see patients in person and virtually, including through the Mayo Clinic OB Nest program.
Here's a small sample of the many concerns women frequently have for the OB-GYN team. They understand female issues and can offer solutions that can make a difference.
- My periods are super heavy. They don’t have to be—the team can help.
- I urinate when I laugh and sneeze. There are solutions for this—let the team help.
- I'm 22 and have never been to a gynecologist. It’s time. Your female health is important.
- Do I need a Pap smear? Yes. It’s an easy way to help prevent and detect cervical cancer.
- Am I in menopause? Talk it through with the team.
- Is there anything I should do before I get pregnant? Making healthy lifestyle choices now can help set you up for a health pregnancy and baby.
The OB-GYN team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses. They will partner with you so that you understand available options to make decisions that fit your lifestyle. The team also works with primary care providers and other specialists to coordinate comprehensive care.
- The Obstetrics team includes physicians, advance care providers and prenatal care providers who care for women before, during and after pregnancy. Learn about what makes each provider type unique, how prenatal care works and the amenities and services offered through the birth center.
- The Gynecology team provides routine and complex care, and treatment for female reproductive and urinary system disorders. Services range from annual exams and Pap smears to more specialized care to treat a variety of disorders from incontinence to infertility.
Hospital and Clinic1000 First Drive NW, Austin, MN 55912
- Clinic Hours:
- Mon-Fri:8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Providers View More
Heidi Gaston, D.O.
Birthing Centers, Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB-GYN), Prenatal Care
Related Upcoming Classes and Events View More
Childbirth EducationMankato, MN
Family Birth Center Tour — 6 p.m.Eau Claire, WI
Family Birth Center Tour — 5:30 p.m.Eau Claire, WI
Nursing Moms NetworkEau Claire, WI
Baby CaféFairmont, MN
Not all treatments, tests and services are available at all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. Check with your preferred location in advance.