Speaking of HealthUnderstanding your heart test: What to expect, how to prepareFebruary 22, 2024
Speaking of HealthKnow your numbers: What is your heart rate?February 07, 2024
Speaking of HealthMore than stress: What you eat affects your blood pressureFebruary 05, 2024
Cardiac Surgery Services & Treatments
If you need cardiothoracic surgery, you want an expert team that uses the latest advances in surgical technology. Mayo Clinic Health System’s heart and vascular surgery experts are specially trained to diagnose and treat heart and blood circulatory systems. They specialize in minimally invasive surgical procedures, giving you a quicker, less painful recovery and getting you back to what you love sooner.
Find out more about cardiac surgery services:
- Conditions and consultations
- Diagnosis and treatments
- Cardiac surgery specialists
- Location in Eau Claire
- Specialists near you
Conditions and consultations
Our cardiac surgeons treat these and other common heart, lung, and vascular disorders, including:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Carotid artery disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart valve disease
- Thoracic disorders such as lung cancer, esophageal cancer, paraesophageal hernia, pleural effusion and pneumothorax
Diagnosis and treatments
We specialize in treating several conditions and developing a personalized treatment plan.
Treatments we provide include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm can be treated through endovascular repair or open abdominal surgery.
- Arrhythmias can be treated through cardiac ablation, implantable devices such as a pacemaker or implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD), maze surgery, left atrial appendage closure and hybrid ablation surgery.
- Carotid artery disease can be treated through carotid endarterectomy and artery revascularization.
- Coronary artery disease can be treated through angioplasty and stent placement, and coronary bypass surgery. The team performs traditional on-pump coronary bypass, off-pump coronary bypass, minimally invasive coronary bypass and minimally invasive vein harvest.
- Heart valve disease can be treated through heart valve repair or replacement, minimally invasive surgery, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR or TAVI) or transcatheter edge-to-edge repair (TEER).
- Thoracic disorders can be treated through nonsurgical repairs such as chest tube insertion, needle aspiration or observation, and minimally invasive surgical techniques, including laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Cardiac surgery specialists
Our experienced team of cardiac surgeons, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and many others work collectively to develop a treatment plan specific to you.
We work closely with these medical experts to create a personalized treatment plan:
You can make an appointment without a referral from your provider — call the appointment number for Cardiac Surgery in Eau Claire.
If you're a provider, you can refer patients to Cardiac Surgery online, by phone or by fax. We value the opportunity to collaborate with you on a treatment plan.
What should I bring for my first appointment?
For your first appointment, bring your current prescription information or medical records from non-Mayo Clinic Health System facilities. Complete a medical records release form to authorize the transfer of health records from another healthcare facility to us. Visit our Medical Record Forms page for this form and other forms in multiple languages.
How long does an appointment take?
The appointment length depends on the patient's specific medical situation or concern. We recommend calling Cardiac Surgery in Eau Claire to inquire about the appointment length for your health needs.
Does Mayo Clinic Health System offer virtual visits?
What are my payment options, and do you offer financial assistance?
Visit the billing page in Eau Claire for information on insurance, billing and payments.
We serve patients in difficult financial circumstances and offer financial assistance to those who have an established need to receive medically necessary services. Learn more about financial assistance options.
Can you provide a second opinion?
Yes — call the appointment number for Cardiac Surgery in Eau Claire.