We’re all athletes, whether we’re navigating city sidewalks, hitting the gym, or competing in the limelight. And injuries come with activity. But they don’t have to hold you back.
The Mayo Clinic Health System Sports Medicine team in Onalaska offers a coordinated team approach to evaluate, diagnose and treat athletes as well as active people of all types — from high school and college team members to “weekend-warriors” — with activity-related injuries.
Our Sports Medicine team includes Certified Sports Medicine physicians, Orthopedic Surgeons, Emergency Department providers, licensed athletic trainers and physical therapists that can address and treat the multitude of injuries that active individuals face.
This team-based approach gives you access to a broad range of expertise and services, including:
- Injury prevention and treatment
- Concussion management
- Weight loss support and guidance
- On-site athletic performance and nutrition analysis for athletes
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sports- and activity-related musculoskeletal injuries
- Cutting-edge, minimally invasive office procedures including ultrasonic tenotomy (TENEX procedure) and ultrasound-guided injections for tendons and joints
- Access to orthopedic surgeons bringing you operative treatment options for all disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves
- State-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment and personnel, including Mayo Clinic care