Attend a Bariatric Surgery Information Session
We know that considering bariatric surgery in Mankato, Minnesota, for weight loss is a huge commitment. We promise to help you beginning with your first phone call and answering all your questions for as long as you need us. We’ll provide information about insurance issues, medical consultations, hospital care, exercise recommendations, counseling and support groups.
You’ll find our staff to be sensitive, supportive and respectful. Your weight and other health information will be held in strict confidence.
Our team will support you every step of the way while focusing on your emotional, physical, nutritional and educational needs.
You’ll meet with experts in these areas:
- Psychiatry & Psychology — assessment of your emotional readiness for bariatric surgery and preparation for lifestyle changes necessary for long-term success.
- Exercise — development of a fitness plan that works for you.
- Insurance — help with answering important insurance questions and obtaining preauthorization for your surgery.
- Nutrition Counseling — education about proper nutrition, portion size, lifestyle changes and changes you will need to make in your diet.
- Sleep Medicine — assessment for sleep apnea if needed.