Career Education Experience Opportunities
Mayo Clinic Health System recognizes the importance of career development opportunities for young people interested in health care fields.
View our career-related offerings:
- Limited to college-level students who are required to have a shadow experience either as part of their curriculum or as part of their application to a health care related academic program. These are typically no more than eight hours.
- The academic program also must have a contractual relationship with Mayo Clinic Health System that addresses in-person, educational experiences. Please check with your instructor or academic program prior to requesting a job shadow.
- Request a job shadow experience at one of our Southwest Wisconsin locations.
- Depending on workload and availability, physicians, leaders and other staff may be available for informal interviews focusing on careers exploration. These normally are up to one hour in length and casual in nature. These may take place in the staff member's office or a public location. Due to patient privacy and security restrictions, these will not include access to patient care service areas. Please use the Contact Us form and select "careers" from the subject list.
- Some departments offer internships (semester, summer, academic year) either on a paid basis or for formal academic credit as part of a specific curriculum. Paid internship positions are posted with career centers at educational institutions that have contractual relationships with Mayo Clinic Health System. For academic credit internships, please consult with your program office or instructor on available internships.
- Young people seeking extended experiences in a health care setting should consider becoming a volunteer. Hours and duties may vary. Training is provided. The minimum age to be a volunteer is 16. Learn more about Volunteering at Mayo Clinic Health System.
Note: Other than volunteering, the opportunities are available to college-level students or older.