Volunteer in La Crosse
Volunteers are an integral part of our health care team in La Crosse, Wisconsin. They interact with patients and families, helping with wayfinding and transport. They provide comfort to cancer and hospice patients, and hospitality to anyone who comes through the front doors of our hospital or clinic needing information or assistance.
We welcome a wide age range of volunteers, from students who are passionate about helping others to seniors who have a wealth of experience to share. Each makes unique, invaluable contributions to the experiences of our patients and staff through their service.
We welcome energetic, compassionate people who want to make a difference in others' lives by sharing their time and talent.
Apply to volunteer. If you don't see a reply, be sure to check your spam folder.
We'll review your application, and you may be invited to meet with us for an interview. If it appears your skills and interests are a good match with available volunteer roles, we'll prepare you to become a member of the team and start you volunteering.
The volunteer onboarding process includes:
- Health screening conducted in our Occupational Health Department (no cost to candidate)
- Successful verification of criminal background checks
- Transporter screening (if volunteer will be transporting patients)
- Completion of online orientation and related documents
- Photo ID taken at our photo studio
- Job shadowing volunteer role
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Cancer Center
- DART (Dependable And Resourceful Transport)
- Desk 2A attendant
- Endoscopy attendant
- Lobby host
- Physical Therapy (students only)
- Safe Path
- Second floor wayfinding attendant