Volunteering at Mayo Clinic Health System – Franciscan Healthcare
Put Your Tech and Teaching Skills to Work!
Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse is actively seeking volunteers to assist our patients with healthcare information technology. You'll be helping patients of all ages with electronic registration at appointments, enrolling and using our exclusive patient portal – allowing them to access and manage their health information, downloading Mayo Clinic apps to their mobile devices. We offer flexible schedules and an opportunity for you to work hands-on with patients. Want to work where health care is headed in the next decade? Complete our application to be part of our "tech team"!
At Mayo Clinic Health System – Franciscan Healthcare, volunteers are an integral part of the team. Our volunteers interact with patients and families, provide information and hospitality, and assist with a wide range of projects and tasks. We seek volunteers of all ages who are compassionate, welcoming, and able to meet the requirements of the activities to which they are assigned. Our volunteers are valued and appreciated. We are grateful for their service!
Some things to consider:
- We require adult volunteers to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of service with us.
- For college and high school students the minimum is 30 hours.
- The process for becoming a volunteer is rigorous and involves completion of a health history, background check(s) and immunizations.
- Volunteers are required to complete a 1 ½ hour orientation and must receive an annual flu shot or provide a declination form.
- Annual education is also required and involves a review of important topics including safety, infection control, and confidentiality.
If you think you might be interested in volunteering we would love to hear from you.
During the interview process we will learn what areas are of greatest interest to you and determine whether appropriate volunteer opportunities exist within our organization. We are not able to offer volunteer opportunities to all applicants.
All individuals interested in volunteering must complete their respective online application form. Applications are accepted according to the schedule below. Once submitted we will contact you.
- Applications are accepted at all times.
- Applications are now being accepted.
High School Students
- Applications for spring semester are accepted September 15 – November 15
- Applications for summer and fall semesters are accepted March 1 – May 1
- High school applicants must be at least 16 years of age
Students who are accepted as volunteers and who wish to continue their service beyond the initial semester or session need not reapply to continue their service.
- If you are interested in a Job Shadow (8 hours or less of observation) or an Internship (paid position) see the information on our Educational Experiences page.
First Floor, La Crosse Hospital Building (to the left of the information desk at the main entrance)