Patient StoriesComplex brain surgery gives woman more time with familyJune 21, 2021
Patient StoriesOne last adventure for patient entering hospiceMay 06, 2021
Patient StoriesHospice patient shared special ties with Mayo Clinic Health SystemSeptember 06, 2019
Mayo Clinic Health System Hospice Program is committed to:
- Quality, patient and family-centered care for individuals facing a terminal illness, and no longer pursuing curative treatment.
- Providing hospice services at the patient's home, whether a private residence, assisted living or long-term care facility.
- Providing comfort and compassion during the final journey of life.
- An individualized care plan for each patient.
- An interdisciplinary team approach to the patient's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
- Expertise in pain and symptom management.
- Education and preparation of patient and family for death at home.
- Bereavement support for the family for one year following the patient's death. Services include: Individual grief support, grief seminars, support groups for adults and teens and a grief camp for children.
Making the Hospice Choice
A Journey with Hospice
The Fallenstein Family of Mankato, Minnesota, shares their journey with Hospice through Mayo Clinic Health System. Mark Fallenstein, a husband, father and grandfather, was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in 2013.