For Patients & Visitors
Welcome! Thank you for choosing Mayo Clinic Health System as your health care provider.
We have a variety of service options. Our goal is to provide each patient with the right care, at the right place, at the right time.
No matter your health care needs, Mayo Clinic Health System is here for you every step of the way. We offer the world-class expertise, integrated care and technology Mayo Clinic has to offer in your community from a care team you know and trust. If you have a need that requires care at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, your local care team will refer you to the right team in Rochester for seamless coordination of care.
- Select a primary care provider. It's important to establish a relationship so a health care professional can get to know you and your health care needs.
- Schedule an appointment.
Have this information ready when you call to schedule your first appointment:
- First, middle and last names as they appear on your birth certificate
- Date of birth to identify and verify you, as well as differentiate you from other patients who may have the same name
- Telephone numbers
- Marital status
- Maiden or previous names
- Employer name, address and telephone number
- Emergency contact
- Insurance information for billing purposes. Bring insurance documentation, such as plan ID cards, to all of your appointments. Because insurance plans often change, we may ask you about your insurance at any visit. If your insurance has a copay requirement, we will request payment at the time of the visit.
- Transfer your health records. If you've been receiving your health care outside of Mayo Clinic Health System, complete an authorization form to allow that facility to share your health record with us. Transferring your health record to us ensures your Mayo Clinic health care professional knows about previous health conditions and treatments.
Good to know
Here are few more resources you may find helpful:
You can learn more about billing, insurance, payments and more on the Billing & Insurance page.
Convenient care options
Mayo Clinic Health System offers care options that vary by location.
- English: Where should you seek care?
- Karen: Where should you seek care?
- Somali: Xaggee ayaad daryeel ka raadsanaysaa?
- Spanish: ¿Dónde debe obtener atención médica?
Patient Online Services
Mayo Clinic offers a secure and convenient way to electronically access your health information and communicate with your health care team. You'll have access to test results, upcoming appointments, select diagnostic reports and notes from clinic visits and hospitalizations.
If you have an internet connection, you can access your account on a desktop computer, tablet or smartphone through the website or Mayo Clinic App. If you are a parent, guardian, caregiver or have legal authority for health care decisions, you may request to view and manage information for your child or someone you care for.
You'll receive a copy of the Mayo Clinic Notice of Privacy Practices at your first appointment. This document is required by federal regulations and outlines our commitment to making sure your health information is secure. You'll be asked to sign a form acknowledging the fact you received the notice. It doesn't affect the care you'll receive at Mayo Clinic Health System.