Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB-GYN)
Specialized care for women's health needs Learn more about the birth center
Mayo Clinic Health System's OB-GYN staff provides surgical and nonsurgical care for women in all stages of life, from adolescence to pregnancy, to menopause and beyond. They see patients in person and virtually.
Here's a small sample of the many concerns women frequently have for the OB-GYN team. They understand female issues and can offer solutions that can make a difference.
- My periods are super heavy. They don’t have to be—the team can help.
- I urinate when I laugh and sneeze. There are solutions for this—let the team help.
- I'm 22 and have never been to a gynecologist. It’s time. Your female health is important.
- Do I need a Pap smear? Yes. It’s an easy way to help prevent and detect cervical cancer.
- Am I in menopause? Talk it through with the team.
- Is there anything I should do before I get pregnant? Making healthy lifestyle choices now can help set you up for a health pregnancy and baby.
The OB-GYN team includes physicians, midwives, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses. They will partner with you so that you understand available options to make decisions that fit your lifestyle. The team also works with primary care providers and other specialists to coordinate comprehensive care.
- The Obstetrics team includes physicians, advance care providers, midwives and prenatal care providers, who care for women before, during and after pregnancy. Learn about what makes each provider type unique, how prenatal care works and the amenities and services offered through the birth center.
- The Gynecology team provides routine and complex care, and treatment for female reproductive and urinary system disorders. Services range from annual exams and Pap smears to more specialized care to treat a variety of disorders from incontinence to infertility.
On-site video visits
Appointments for OB-GYN are available in person or through an on-site video visit, which reduce the need to travel far and enable patients to receive care close to home.
For an on-site video visit, patients arrive to the clinic and a nurse connects them with the specialist via video. Our innovative technology uses a Bluetooth stethoscope, a USB otoscope and high definition cameras that can move and zoom in for a high-quality physical exam and personal conversation with the specialist.
Video appointments are currently offered at select locations in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Learn more about on-site video appointments.