Learn more about me:
Hospital and Clinic1501 Thompson St., Bloomer, WI 54724
I'm a specialist in cardiovascular medicine with a passion for prevention of cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular physiology and noninvasive testing.
For my research in preventive cardiology, I was awarded the American Heart Association Scott Grundy Fellowship Award for Excellence in Metabolism Research and presented an invited presentation for the “Best of the American Heart Association.” I have served as a journal reviewer for over a dozen journals and was named a top-graded reviewer twice by the Annals of Internal Medicine.
I am the medical director of Cardiac Rehabilitation in northwest Wisconsin, and am a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. I remain active in research activities across the region, serving as principle investigator for an ongoing trial in vascular medicine. I am co-chair of the Education Committee for northwest Wisconsin, and I love working with medical students, residents and trainees.
Training & Credentials
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- Master of Public Health, University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- Internal medicine, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- Echocardiography, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography, National Board of Echocardiography
- Special Qualification in Preventive Cardiology, Mayo Clinic
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Preventive Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science