Where should you seek care?
Urgent Care in Menomonie
If you're unable to see your primary care provider and need high-quality health care today, you can receive same-day care in Urgent Care in Menomonie, Wisconsin. Remember, call 911 in a serious emergency.
If you'd like to be seen by an Urgent Care provider, just walk in. You will be seen as soon as possible. In cases of heavy patient volume, anticipate a longer-than-normal wait time.
Urgent Care provides same-day treatment for minor health concerns, such as:
- Back pain
- Colds and flu, including fever and cough
- Minor allergic reactions
- Minor burns
- Scrapes and cuts
- Skin conditions, including rashes, poison ivy and insect bites
- Sore throat
- Sprains, strains and simple fractures
- Urinary tract infections
These symptoms or conditions cannot be treated in Urgent Care:
- Abdominal pain that is significant
- Bleeding that cannot be controlled
- Broken bones
- Burns that are severe
- Chest pain or pressure
- Fever in infants less than 3 months old
- Headaches that are sudden, severe or new
- Head injuries
- Loss of consciousness
- Overdose of medication
- Pain that is significant
- Paralysis, new weakness or slurred speech
- Shortness of breath
- Traumatic injury of any kind
- Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Urgent Care services also are available in:
Referral to a primary care provider
Urgent Care is a convenient option for treating minor medical problems, but it shouldn't replace regular visits to a primary care provider. These providers are a valuable health resource because they develop a relationship with you and your family over the long term.
A primary care provider could be a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner who:
- Evaluates and treats common health concerns
- Provides preventive screenings based on your health and family history
- Detects serious diseases and illnesses, such as cancer and diabetes, if you see them regularly
- Refers you to specialists as needed
Check symptoms to reduce worry
Check Symptoms is a free online symptom evaluation tool available 24/7/365. It can give you peace of mind when symptoms start to worry you. Located within Mayo Clinic's patient portal, it allows you to answer a series of targeted questions to evaluate your symptoms and receive a care recommendation.
Hospital and Clinic2321 Stout Road, Menomonie, WI 54751
- Urgent Care Hours:
- Mon-Fri:8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Sat-Sun:8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Urgent Care Holiday Hours:
● New Year's Eve & Day/Easter/Memorial Day/July 4/Labor Day/Christmas Eve/New Year's Eve: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
● Thanksgiving/Christmas Day: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM