With locations across the Midwest, you have the ability to receive Mayo Clinic care close to home.
Mayo Clinic Health System understands that a person's health and well-being are influenced not only by the medical care they receive, but by the environment in which they live. As an active participant in fostering vibrant, healthy communities, our commitment to patients and staff extends beyond our walls. We are proud of our partnerships with local and regional programs, initiatives and events that make a positive, lasting effect on community well-being.
Additionally, leaders and staff participate in dozens of community events, discussions, educational presentations and volunteer opportunities each year.
Funding and in-kind support
We support the well-being of the community by providing organizations, programs, events and initiatives with cash and in-kind sponsorship support. Priority is given to requests that align with the Community Health Needs Assessments or promote health and well-being, but a wide array of requests are considered each year. Requests from areas of the community where the organization has a presence will be considered.
Request funding or in-kind support.
To answer questions or discuss your application prior to submission, email Community Engagement or call 608-392-2860.
Many nonprofit organizations request sponsorship support each year. A budgeted amount of dollars for sponsorships is allowed each fiscal year. While the contributions of these organizations are very important to the community, as a nonprofit organization, we are not able to support every request.
Requests must align with Mayo Clinic's mission and values.
Preference will be given to requests addressing these identified community health needs in our region:
- Access to care
- Chronic disease and contributing factors
- Mental health and substance abuse
- Advancing equity, inclusion and diversity
Review the guidelines prior to submitting a sponsorship request:
- Sponsorships should align with our mission, vision, values and strategic priorities.
- Sponsorships should benefit the communities we serve.
- We are unable to support requests for/from:
- Promotion of personal or organizational financial gain
- Religious organizations for the sole benefit of their group or congregation
- Individual or group participation in competitions or camps
- Political and for-profit organizations
- Programs and projects that limit participation for reason of race, age, religion, national origin, marital status, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability (physical and intellectual), genetic, veteran status and status with regard to public assistance
- The needs or goals of individuals or small groups (in-kind donations, such as door prizes or auction items, may be provided, as appropriate)
- Organizations with little or no presence in Mayo Clinic Health System's service area
- Ongoing operations, rather than specific programs
- Budget shortfalls
How to request sponsorship support:
- Include your organization's W-9. If another organization is serving as the fiscal agent, a letter on the organization's official letterhead supporting the request must accompany the sponsorship form.
- Consider your annual activities, and submit a single request encompassing all activities for the year instead of multiple individual requests, if applicable.
Requests should be submitted as early as possible to ensure we can meet your deadline:
- Monroe County requests — reviewed monthly
- All other requests:
- $1,000 and under — reviewed bi-weekly
- More than $1,000 — reviewed quarterly (February, May, August, November)
Requests must be submitted by the first day of the month in which they are reviewed.