Need to make an appointment?
Psychiatry & Psychology
Memory Care Clinic
Occasional lapses in memory are normal and can be caused by many things, such as aging or medications. However, if you're experiencing persistent or progressive occurrences of memory loss or notice signs of memory loss in a loved one, consult the Memory Care Clinic in Psychiatry & Psychology in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, for help. While lapses in memory can be normal, persistent or progressive occurrences may require medical help.
During your initial appointment, you'll receive:
- Memory tests
These tests measure memory and other functions related to understanding, and are interpreted by a neuropsychologist. They also distinguish whether memory loss is age-appropriate or suggestive of Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia.
- A neurological exam
This exam will be performed by a neurologist.
- A visit with a social worker
The social worker will provide memory assistance resources in the community.
Bring these people and items to your appointment:
- Your loved ones, as memory loss can be confusing and frightening, and they can be a great source of support
- A list of questions and concerns for your care team
- A list of your prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Any MRI, PET scan, dopamine transporter (nuclear) imaging or other images of your head completed by another health care facility
- Completed advance directives, power of attorney paperwork or other legal documents
Call the Memory Care Clinic today to schedule an appointment.
Not all treatments, tests and services are available at all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. Check with your preferred location in advance.