Trust the minimally invasiveheart surgery experts.
Why Choose Us
Mayo Clinic Health System brings all the heart care knowledge and expertise of Mayo Clinic to you, close to where you live. Our heart and vascular surgery team specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions of the heart and blood circulatory systems. We deliver expert, whole-person care tailored to your exact needs, supporting you and ensuring you regain your quality of life.
Our team is available to provide a first or second opinion for simple to complex conditions of the heart, arteries, and veins with:
- Patient-focused care — our team is guided by Mayo Clinic's primary value: The needs of the patient come first.
- History of success — Mayo Clinic Health system has the most experienced and longest serving heart surgery team in this part of the state. The heart surgery team has been performing minimally invasive valve surgery since late 2007.
- Nationally recognized — in the U.S. News & World Report rankings of top hospitals, Mayo Clinic is the No. 1 hospital overall and No. 1 in more specialties than any other hospital in the nation. Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire was named the No. 4 best hospital in Wisconsin by U.S. News & World Report’s 2021-2022 annual list of top hospitals. Mayo Clinic Health System Eau Claire also ranked “High Performing” in these adult procedures and conditions:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Aortic valve surgery
- Heart bypass surgery
- Heart failure
- Advanced technology and imaging capabilities — you can rely on Mayo Clinic Health System's team of experts to diagnose and treat common or complex heart conditions using the latest in therapeutic procedures, diagnostic equipment and minimally invasive surgical techniques. Mayo Clinic Health System is among a small number of hospitals nationwide doing minimally invasive valve surgeries including transcatheter aortic valve replacement and minimally invasive non-sternotomy aortic valve replacement.
- Team-based care — physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and many others work collectively to develop a treatment plan specific to you. Your primary care provider will be notified of your diagnosis and treatment plan so he or she can be ready to manage your health care after the procedure or treatment.
- Patient above pay — Mayo Clinic Health System Cardiac Surgery uses a pay model for its providers that allows its providers to focus on providing the highest-quality and least-invasive care for you. This means they are not paid to perform unnecessary tests or procedures. The primary goal is always focused on developing a medically-necessary diagnostic and treatment plan to meet your needs.