Next Class: 03/31/2020
Prenatal & Parenting: Breastfeeding: First Year of Life
Mankato, MNMayo Clinic Health System
1025 Marsh St.
Hospital Conference Room 0308
Entrance 3, take the stairs on the left to the lower level
Cost— Free of charge
In this class, taught by certified lactation counselors, expectant parents learn the basics of breastfeeding.
- Establishing a successful breastfeeding relationship
- Frequency and feeding cues — knowing when your baby is hungry
- Holds, positions, latch-on techniques
- When to be concerned and who to contact
- Role of the support person
- Choosing a breast pump
- Pumping and storing breast milk
- Maintaining your milk supply
- Transitioning to time away from baby
Bring the "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy" book you received from your clinic.
Plan to attend classes between 24 and 32 weeks of your pregnancy with your support person who plans to be at the bedside during your birth.
Listen to KTOE 1420 AM or Z99 99.1 FM for cancellation or postponement notifications.
Call 507-594-4607 for more information.