The needs of the patient come first.
About Mayo Clinic Health System
Quality and Safety Recognitions
Mayo Clinic Health System defines quality as a comprehensive look at all aspects of a patient’s experience. We are very proud of our staff for being top ranked and rated high in many quality and safety endorsements, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Rankings — The Best Hospitals rankings and ratings evaluate hospital quality performance in 15 adults specialties, 10 pediatric specialties and 17 surgical procedures and medical conditions.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for Overall Hospital Quality Star Ratings — The star rating summarizes a variety of measures across five areas of quality into a single star rating for each hospital. CMS uses star ratings for consumers to choose highly rated hospitals and other providers in their area.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade — Hospitals receive a letter grade rating based on collected, analyzed, and published hospital data on safety and quality to help patients determine how safe hospitals are.
- Vizient Clinical Performance Award — The rankings measure clinical quality of patient care for mortality, efficiency, effectiveness, patient centeredness, safety, and equity.
- Minnesota Department of Health Continuous Impact Award — The award aims to recognize and highlight successful quality improvement initiatives throughout the state of Minnesota’s hospital-based stroke programs.
- American Heart Association and American Stroke Association Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award — These awards recognize the commitment of hospitals to ensure that stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, evidence-based guidelines.
- University of Wisconsin Excellence in Tissue Donation Award — This metric measures the collaborative work between the hospital staff and tissue bank in coordinating communication around tissue consent conversations.
These endorsements reinforce our commitment to provide the highest quality care to each patient every day. Although no single set of measures can perfectly represent health care quality, we are proud to be recognized.