The needs of the patient come first.
About Mayo Clinic Health System
Affordable & High-Quality Care
Mayo Clinic is committed to providing you with quality care that puts your needs first.
- The right diagnosis is key to the best care and cost effectiveness – Mayo Clinic gets the diagnosis right, which avoids:
- The costs of misdiagnosis
- Pain and suffering from unnecessary procedures
- Wasted time and stress
- Many patients come to Mayo Clinic for a second opinion before treatment for a complex condition.
- Research shows that as many as 88 percent of those patients go home with a new or refined diagnosis, changing their care plan and potentially their lives.
- You can easily understand your financial responsibility by using our Cost Estimator Tool.
- You can expect exceptional value because we deliver best-in-class outcomes in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- You'll receive quality care because our value-based models reward quality rather than the number of patient visits.
- If you are eligible for financial assistance, we provide extended payment plan options and medically necessary services at reduced rates or no cost.
Mayo Clinic’s Quality Record
- Mayo Clinic is top ranked for quality more often than any other health care organization. We earn this distinction every day. Notable achievements include:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota has been ranked the No. 1 hospital in the nation five years in a row by U.S. News and the No. 1 hospital in the world by Newsweek.
- Mayo Clinic in Arizona has been ranked No. 1 in Arizona and Phoenix for the eighth year in a row by U.S. News. Mayo Clinic in Arizona was also named to the U.S. News Honor Roll list of Best hospitals in the country for the fourth year in a row.
- Mayo Clinic in Florida has been ranked the No. 1 hospital in Jacksonville four years in a row by U.S. News and has repeatedly achieved the lowest inpatient mortality for comparable hospitals in the Vizient Quality & Accountability Study.
- Fifteen hospitals across Mayo Clinic received star ratings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for Overall Hospital Quality. Six of the 15 hospitals earned five stars — the best score possible. Our hospitals in Arizona, Rochester, Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea and Austin, Eau Claire, La Crosse and Red Wing received the top rank of five stars.
- Mayo Clinic has always been synonymous with quality. As an organization, Mayo has a culture of teamwork and quality that allows it to pursue excellence in patient care, to make important discoveries and apply the latest medical knowledge, and to provide great service.
- Mayo Clinic has long advocated for patient-centered health care reform on the national stage and worked to provide the best value for patients.
- Mayo Clinic is recognized for its ability to create lasting quality improvements, spread throughout the organization, that deliver the best outcomes, the safest medical care, and the best in service. Delivering the best outcomes in the most efficient and cost-effective manner creates the best value in medical care.