brain, nerve and spine experts.
Spine & Neurological Surgery
- Why Choose Us?
- Spine Conditions & Treatments
- Brain Conditions & Treatments
- Prevention and Self-care
- When to Make an Appointment
Speaking of HealthUnderstanding whiplash: Roadmap to relief and recoverySeptember 05, 2023
Speaking of HealthManaging pain and restoring functionAugust 08, 2023
Speaking of Health8 common myths about back painJuly 28, 2023
When to Make an Appointment
Most back pain — even severe back pain — goes away on its own in four to six weeks with self-care, such as rest, heat or ice, over-the-counter pain medication and exercise. Surgery helps some patients and is generally considered as a last resort.
You should see a surgeon if your severe back pain:
- Follows a fall, blow to your back or other injury
- Is constant or intense pain, especially at night or when you lie down
- Spreads down one or both legs, especially if the pain extends below your knee
- Causes weakness, numbness or tingling in one or both legs
- Occurs with swelling or redness on your back
- Occurs with unintended weight loss
- Occurs with new bowel or bladder control problems
Call 715-838-1950 to schedule your appointment. No referral is necessary.