Speaking of HealthUnnamed pain: Coping with ambiguous lossApril 10, 2023
Speaking of Health7 anger management tips to prevent relationship damageOctober 06, 2022
Eau Claire, WI
Hospital1221 Whipple St., Eau Claire, WI 54703
Psychiatry & Psychology2403 Stout Road, Menomonie, WI 54751
Deep and lasting change is my goal while acknowledging short term changes are the steps in the journey. I view therapy as the opportunity to come alongside you during your journey to help you heal and grow, to live truer to who you are and make the healthiest decisions you can. I address both immediate issues and long-term patterns of thought, behavior and relating.
I utilize a Christian worldview to understand people’s value, motivations, challenges and needs but work with people of all faiths. I use my education and experiences in engineering and carpentry work to provide practical and relatable illustrations.
I grew up in Eastern Pennsylvania, learning to work on cars in my dad's mechanic shop. I had good times riding bikes and motorcycles, fishing, boating and building and driving RC Cars. After college and various jobs, I realized I was good with people and wanted to become a counselor.
During my life journey, I became aware of my own mental disorders and addressed them in therapy. I spent 22 years in Atlanta, Georgia, with 19 of them working in counseling and running my own handyman business. However, I missed the snow of the North, so Wisconsin became my family's new home. I am married and have four daughters. I love being outside, riding motorcycles, fixing things, learning new things and meeting new people.
Training & Credentials
- Bachelor's degree, Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University
- Master's degree, Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University
- Master's degree, Professional Counseling, Richmont Graduate University
- Outpatient Counseling, Mount Paran North Church
- Certified Professional Counseling Supervisor
- Certified Trauma Resolutions Therapist
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Professional Counseling Association of Georgia
- Professional Counseling Association of Wisconsin
- Addicted family member
- Bi-polar disorder
- Career issues
- Conflict resolution
- Healing abuse issues (emotional, mental, spiritual)
- Healing trauma issues
- Life direction
- Low self-esteem
- Marital counseling (affair recovery, communication, conflict, parenting concerns, sexual issues)
- Relationship problems
- Sexual issues
- Spiritual/faith concerns