Eau Claire, WI
Luther Campus Clinic1400 Bellinger St., Eau Claire, WI 54703
I provide behavioral and mental health services in a primary care setting to adults, including completing brief diagnostic assessments and engaging in brief therapy. I approach therapy from a cognitive-behavioral lens, meaning my patients and I examine the relationships between thoughts, emotions, behaviors and body responses. I also incorporate positive psychology into my work with patients, as everyone possess great strength, not just distress, that we can highlight, pull from and utilize in our work together.
I believe that the patient is the expert on themselves and their distressing symptoms, whereas I am the expert on how to assess and treat those distressing symptoms. Thus, a collaborative relationship combining our expertise is essential. I also believe that transparency is key. Therefore, I take time to walk my patients through the "why" behind my recommendations, and answer any questions or concerns, all while respecting any boundaries my patients have. Additionally, culture and diversity are critical and will always be acknowledged and incorporated.
When not at work, I like to spending time with my family. We enjoy going for walks, attending farmers markets, doing things outside, reading books and eating ice cream.
Training & Credentials
- Bachelor's degree, Psychology, University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- Master's degree, Counseling Psychology, The University of Southern Mississippi
- Doctorate, Counseling Psychology, The University of Southern Mississippi
- Doctoral Psychology, William. S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
- Integrated Primary Care Behavioral Health, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Anxiety — generalized, social, obsessions and compulsions, panic, phobias
- Chronic pain
- Exposure with response prevention
- Health behavior change
- LGBTQI+ affirming care
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Vocational, or job, psychology