Local Breast Care
Speaking of HealthReshaping your future: Exploring reconstruction options after breast cancerOctober 30, 2023
Speaking of HealthA closer look at ovarian cancer screeningOctober 23, 2023
Speaking of HealthBeyond the basics: Exploring advanced breast cancer screening optionsOctober 17, 2023
Mammography in New Prague, Minnesota
During a mammogram, an X-ray image of your breast is used to screen for breast cancer. Digital mammography is provided to detect breast cancer earlier. Having a digital mammogram is similar to having a traditional film mammogram.
Schedule your mammogram online with Patient Online Services.
New to Mayo Clinic Health System? Schedule with our Online Screening Form.*
*Have your insurance information available, and plan for five to 10 minutes to complete.
However, digital mammography provides additional benefits, such as:
- Immediate availability of the images on the technologist's screen.
- Reducing the need for retakes due to underexposure or overexposure.
- Clearer images for analysis.
- Faster and easier transmission, storage and reproduction of the images.
- Eliminating the dependence on only one set of original films.
Learn about breast care for more information.