Vestibular (Inner Ear) Therapy - Mondovi, Wisconsin
Physical therapy offers treatment for vestibular impairments. If disease or injury damages your inner ear or brain, you may have a vestibular disorder. The vestibular system includes parts of the inner ear and brain that help control balance and eye movements. The most common symptoms of vestibular disorders are:
- Difficulty focusing the eyes during head movements
- Difficulty walking
- Unsteadiness or imbalance
- Vertigo (spinning sensation)
During your appointment, you will be evaluated for vestibular impairments. Diagnoses that can be treated by vestibular rehabilitation include:
- Bilateral vestibular hypofunction or loss
- Central vestibular pathologies, primarily because of stroke or head injury
- Unilateral vestibular hypofunction or loss, primarily because of labyrinthitis, vestibular neuritis or acoustic neuroma
- Vertigo (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)
We also offer treatment for poor balance and unsteadiness not directly related to vestibular impairments.
Vestibular and balance rehabilitation is an effective, noninvasive way to manage and treat these common diagnoses and complaints to provide complete relief or a decrease in symptoms, as well as improved functional mobility.