Patients & Visitors
Social Work in La Crosse
Social workers are experienced in determining your needs during and after a hospital stay and can connect you to community resources. They are your advocate and can support you in your recovery so you can focus on getting well and staying well.
Services offered through Social Work:
- Child Life Program
- Information and education about end-of-life situations.
- Support with home health and hospice care arrangements.
- Support with situations involving vulnerable adults and possible neglect or abuse.
- Education on resources for new families and newborns.
- Assistance with transportation concerns.
- Resources to help manage health care needs.
- Information on completing an advance directive.
- Information on care resources after a hospital stay, including transitional care units and nursing homes.
- Information on senior dining programs, such as Meals on Wheels.
- Information on free medical and dental clinics and charity care.
Safe Path: Domestic Abuse Services
For nonemergency situations, appointments during weekday office hours are preferred but not always necessary.
Free services available from Safe Path include:
- Confidential, safe place to talk
- Emotional support
- Information and referral
- Individual counseling
- Safety planning
- Crisis intervention 24-hour phone line
- Assistance in dealing with legal, medical and human services systems
- Assistance with access to resources
- Assistance with applying for crime victims' compensation
Talk with your health care professional if you would like assistance from Social Work staff or call 608-392-7900.