When you need a “high-performing” medical center.
Accreditation & Awards in La Crosse, Wisconsin
Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse demonstrates a commitment to achieving high quality and safe care for the patients we serve, and has received:
- 5-star rating in overall hospital quality from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
The Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating measures in the broad categories of mortality, safety of care, readmission, patient experience, and timely and effective care.
- 4-star rating in patients' hospital experience from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
The Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) Survey ratings help consumers choose highly rated hospitals in their area.
- "A" grade for safety from the Leapfrog Group
The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade provides data and research to help you make informed decisions about a critical aspect of your hospital stay: safety.
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission
The Joint Commission standards set performance expectations that affect the safety and quality of patient care.
- Recognition as an Antimicrobial Stewardship Center of Excellence by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
IDSA recognizes excellence in optimizing antimicrobial use and combating antimicrobial resistance by identifying institutions that effectively demonstrate these activities.
- Recognition as one of America's 250 Best Hospitals in the nation by Healthgrades
Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance using objective quality measures including clinical outcomes and patient safety, as well as patient experience.
- Recognition as a Best Hospital in the U.S. from Newsweek
Newsweek bases recognition on patient satisfaction survey results, hospital recommendations from peers gathered through an international survey of more than 80,000 health care professionals, and key performance metrics, such as patient safety, hygiene measures and quality of care.
- Recognition as high performing by U.S. News & World Report
Categories include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, hip fracture, kidney failure and pneumonia.
Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse is the only hospital in the Coulee Region that has both the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Five-Star rating and Leapfrog Grade “A.”
Individual departments and programs maintain accreditation through their respective, state, regional and national associations. Visit our Services & Treatments pages for information on specific accreditation.
Our healthcare professionals have achieved recognition by their professional peers. View certification, registration and accreditation information on individual provider profiles.