Need to contact us?
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Blood Flow Restriction Exercise Training
- Dry Needling
- Gait & Balance Dysfunction
- Industrial Rehabilitation
- Inner Ear Therapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Pain Management
- Pediatric Therapy
- Pelvic Health Dysfunction
- Sports Performance & Injury Prevention
Speaking of HealthPathways through persistent pain: Tips for managing chronic painMay 26, 2023
Speaking of HealthLong-lasting pain relief with radiofrequency ablationMay 23, 2023
Speaking of HealthReducing lead exposure in childrenMay 22, 2023
Pediatric Therapy - Holmen, Wisconsin
If you have concerns about your child's development, pediatric therapy can help. Pediatric therapists help infants, children and families reach maximum function while at home, school and in the community.
Physical therapists evaluate balance, mobility, motion, posture, strength and transitions. Physical therapy can help with:
- Delayed milestones with crawling, sitting or walking
- Imbalance of muscle tone and strength
- Poor coordination compared to same-age peers with ball skills, hopping, jumping, playing, running or stairs
- Torticollis (twisted neck)
Physical therapy can:
- Improve balance and coordination
- Improve proper positioning
- Provide adaptive equipment recommendations
- Provide age-appropriate developmental activities
- Teach motor development
How it works
- You will meet with a therapist to discuss your concerns.
- The therapist will observe your child as he or she participates in a variety of activities. The therapist may conduct specific testing to assess your child's current abilities.
- You will receive a treatment recommendation, including the frequency for therapy, goals of treatment and ideas for home activities.
- You and the therapist work together with your child on an ongoing basis until goals are met.
Pediatric therapy resources
Learn more about pediatric topics:
Not all treatments, tests and services are available at all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. Check with your preferred location in advance.