Supporting Our Schools Award
We are pleased to offer the Supporting Our Schools Award as part of our investment in improving the lives of youth and families in the Barron, Wisconsin, area and surrounding communities, and toward efforts that directly affect students. We recognize the vital role that schools play, including supporting children and families, and the economy and future workforce. Finding ways to support youth is an integral part of our mission, and social responsibility is a core value for the organization.
The award supports innovative efforts aligning with our 2023 priorities to:
- Improve mental health with an emphasis on strengthening community mental health services and suicide prevention, and supporting resiliency across the life span.
- Prevent obesity and reduce chronic disease with a focus on nutrition, reducing food insecurity and increasing public access to physical activity.
- Prevent alcohol misuse and substance abuse with an emphasis on youth.
- Champion equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Support social determinants of health efforts, including transportation, housing, food, financial, and personal safety needs.
Efforts could include programs; outdoor environmental improvements, such as playgrounds and outdoor classrooms; field trips; and other learning opportunities that directly benefit students.
Applications will be accepted through April 7, 2023. Review eligibility guidelines prior to submission.
Awards will be given in the range of $1,000 to $8,000 to be used for the 2023–2024 school year.
Funding requests should show a relationship to the issues identified on the application. A W-9 tax form is required with the application.
Review the eligibility guidelines:
Applications must meet these eligibility criteria:
- Funding can be used to launch new projects and programs or improve programs that already exist.
- Funding must directly affect students.
- Schools must be in the service area of Barron, Buffalo, Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pierce, St. Croix or Trempealeau counties.
- The lead applicant needs to have tax-exempt status from the IRS.
We are unable to support requests for:
- Sports teams, or athletic competitions or camps
- Fundraisers, such as runs or walks, but we can contribute directly to a cause, such as playground improvements
- Individual student sole benefit
- Individual staff sole benefit
Email Community Engagement with questions about the Supporting Our Schools Award.