Speaking of HealthIs urine incontinence normal for women?July 30, 2018
Speaking of HealthEctopic pregnancy: Signs, treatment and future fertilityMarch 20, 2018
Speaking of HealthVulvar health: Pay attention, speak upDecember 27, 2016
Tarek Khalife, M.D.
Birthing Centers, Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB-GYN), Women's Health, Prenatal Care
Locations & Services
Every patient will have ample time to explain her condition and shed light on what matters to her most, as we navigate her treatment options. It is very imperative that the patient understands our partnership in managing her condition and that she identifies us as her support team so that she can focus on her treatment and recovery.
The most rewarding aspect of my time with the patient is when I get to educate them about their body and how disease affects its balance. It is always my goal to allow my patient to graduate from her care with enough knowledge that she would use to teach and advocate for herself and to other women in her community.
This way, not only would touch the patient’s life, but also the communities’ at large.
Outside of work, I do enjoy biking, swimming and camping. I am also a RC Plane Hobbyist and love grilling and cooking Lebanese cuisine.
Training & Credentials
- Beirut Arab University, Lebanon
- OB-GYN, Henry Ford Health System/Wayne State University, Michigan
- OB-GYN, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Lebanon
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
- American Medical Association
- American UroGynecologic Society (AUGS)
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH)
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Assistant professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine
- Bartholin Gland Surgery
- Community education
- Female sexual dysfunction, pain and vulvar disease
- Minimally invasive surgery for treatment of gynecologic disorders:
- Pelvic floor disorders (incontinence, pelvic pain, prolapse)
- Robotic surgery
- Myomectomy (Fibroid)
- Obstetric and Advanced Gynecologic ultrasound 3D
- Ovarian Cyst Removal
- Surgical Simulation Training
- Vulvar disease (e.g. Lichen Sclerosus, Lichen Planus, Vaginal pain)
Research & Publications
- Ovarian Vein Thrombosis After an Oophorectomy: A Commonly Missed Finding Yet of Little Significance, October 2019
- The Endogenous Opioid System: Role and Dysfunction Caused by Opioid Therapy, March 2019
- The K-Technique: A Novel Technique for Laparoscopic Apical Suspension Using Barbed Sutures, April 2017
- Cryptogenic liver cirrhosis diagnosed in pregnancy and khat consumption, January 2013
- Peripartum hysterectomy: 1999 to 2006, June 2008