I am blessed with the opportunity to care for patients of all ages and walks of life across multiple care settings. Some of the areas I care for my patients include the newborn nursery, the clinic and adults in the hospital and nursing home settings.
As a core faculty member at the Mankato Family Medicine Residency Program, I have the honor of helping teach the next generation of family medicine physicians. I've also been the medical director at Whispering Creek, a skilled care and rehabilitation facility in Janesville, since 2018.
I believe in advocating for positive change for the health of all Minnesotans through our professional organizations and have the privilege of serving as the current President of the Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians.
I grew up on a farm near Springfield, Minnesota, and have lived in Waseca since 2014. I’m married and have three active boys. Outside of medicine, I am active in my church, enjoy following sports, attending my boys' sporting events/activities and coaching on several of my boys' youth teams.
Training & Credentials
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Mayo Clinic Family Medicine Residency Program, Mayo Clinic Health System-La Crosse
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Department of Transportation exams
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Medical Association
- President, Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Advocating for positive change for the health of all Minnesotans through professional organizations and legislative means
- Learning, teaching and utilizing point-of-care ultrasound
- Performing and teaching clinic-based procedures