Learn more about me:
Speaking of HealthGenetic testing gives insight into cardiac conditionsApril 20, 2023
Speaking of HealthGenetic counseling for family planning, pregnancyOctober 27, 2021
Eau Claire, WI
Clairemont Campus Clinic733 W. Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire, WI 54701
I specialize in genetic counseling for cancer and cardiac genetics. I see individuals with a personal or family history of cancer or certain cardiac conditions (i.e., high cholesterol, cardiomyopathy, aortic aneurysm).
The main goal I have as I enter every patient appointment is patient empowerment. My role is to educate you on the option of genetic testing for you and your family. We will discuss the benefits, limitations and risks of genetic testing. I enjoy assisting in the decision-making process as you determine whether genetic testing is something you will find beneficial to you. I appreciate spending time with you and hearing your personal and family stories.This helps me to gather an idea of your goals and how genetic testing could aid in your health care.
I joined Clinical Genomics in Eau Claire in June of 2020. I have enjoyed seeing the department grow through all health system sites. I appreciate the opportunity to offer genetic counseling services to individuals via video visits to allow patients to access care closer to home.
I am originally from the south metro of Minnesota. My husband and I have lived in Eau Claire since May of 2020 and have enjoyed exploring all the awesome food, nature and Wisconsin culture the city has to offer. In my free time, I enjoy baking new treats, traveling to new places, and in the fall, continuing to humble myself as a natural-born Vikings fan.
Training & Credentials
- Bachelor's degree, Biology and Psychology, North Dakota State University
- Master's degree, Genetic Counseling, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Genetic Counseling, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Genetic Counseling, American Board of Genetic Counseling
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Wisconsin Genetic Counselors Association
- Instructor in Medical Genetics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Cardiovascular genetics (familial hypercholesterolemia [high cholesterol and heart disease], dilated cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, aortic aneurysm)
- Genetic testing (diagnostic testing, presymptomatic and predictive testing)
- Oncology (cancer) genetics (personal and family history of breast, ovarian, uterine, colon, prostate, melanoma, pancreatic cancer)