Locations & Services
I chose to become a Mohs surgeon because I wanted to be able to provide the highest cure rate for skin cancers to my patients. Every day, our team has the opportunity to get to know our patients and treat their skin cancer. I truly believe in Mohs surgery and the benefit it brings to patients. The cure rates of Mohs surgery are higher than any other skin cancer removal. After skin cancer is removed, there is another truly rewarding part of our practice: We are able to reconstruct the surgical defect using a variety of primary closures, grafts and flaps. I am very fortunate to work at Mayo Clinic with a top-notch team of other specialists in plastic surgery; ear, nose and throat (ENT); and radiation oncology. The amazing patients we have in La Crosse and the wonderful colleagues I have make coming to work rewarding every day.
The practice philosophy of our surgical team is that we want to deliver the best outcome to each patient every day. To do this, we focus on each step of the procedure. We don't rush. I want to assure my patients that they received the finest care we are able to provide. We are proud of our process — knowing we gave our best to each patient we have the opportunity to care for.
I have an amazing wife and two beautiful children. My wife, Mira, is a physician in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester. She is originally from a small town in Illinois, and we met in medical school at Mayo Clinic.
In my spare time, I love to spend time with family and friends. We feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful area of the country. We very much like to be outdoors. In the summer we like to swim, hike, bike and garden. In the winter, I enjoy winter sports and do woodworking projects in our basement.
Training & Credentials
- Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Board-certified, American Board of Dermatology
- Board-certified, American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Mayo Fellows Association
- Wisconsin Dermatological Society
- Community health and wellness
- Mohs surgery
- Skin cancer prevention, education and treatment