High School Student
The high school volunteer program in Rice Lake provides students ages 14 to 18 with experience in a health care setting. While volunteering, your duties may include transporting patients to and from appointments.
This program is extremely competitive, so not everyone who applies and interviews will be accepted. Students invited to participate will be placed in service areas based on need and qualifications.
High school students who are considering a career as a physician are invited to apply to the MedEx program after completing required volunteer hours.
Complete the high school student application, and submit during the time frames listed below. Incomplete applications, as well as applications submitted outside of the below time frames, will not be accepted. You must be able to commit to a regularly scheduled weekday shift for a minimum of 12 weeks or 30 hours, whichever is greater. You may also apply to become a hospice volunteer.
- April 15–May 15: Students who will be unavailable for two weeks or longer during the summer are not eligible for this enrollment. Please apply to the next available session.
- July 15–Aug. 15: Students who are involved in a fall sport are not eligible for July enrollment. Please apply to the next available session.
- Nov. 15–Dec. 15: Students who are involved in a spring sport are not eligible for October enrollment. Please apply to the next available session.
After you submit your application, Volunteer Services will review it and, if selected, contact you for an interview. If you are accepted into the program, you must complete these enrollment requirements before volunteering:
- Background check
- Immunization review
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Complete the volunteer training program
If you have questions about the requirements or general questions related to volunteering, call: