We actively recruit current students, recent graduates and those who may be interested in retraining or starting a new career in the Rice Lake, Wisconsin, area. Whether you're looking for a full-time position or an internship while you're still in school, we encourage you to explore what we have to offer by searching job opportunities.
Submit the Clinical Experience Request Form (opens on the Eau Claire Students page) to request a learning experience at Mayo Clinic Health System in Northwest Wisconsin.
Students who have submitted the Clinic Experience Request Form and been approved to complete their clinical experience requirements must:
- Complete an online orientation presentation and certificate of completion
- Pass a Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check (for students rotating in Wisconsin) or Minnesota NETStudy 2.0 (for students rotating in Minnesota)
- Provide immunization records and health insurance information
All required orientation materials must be saved in the student's file with their academic institution and be readily available for audit.
Contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 with questions about orientation requirements.
Learn about opportunities for students:
We provide students with learning opportunities to support their educational efforts and career exploration. Contact your school career service office about internship opportunities or our student coordinator at 507-266-0440 for more information.
Administrative Fellowship Program
This program offers a broad range of learning experiences designed to foster the development of outstanding master's-prepared people committed to a career in health care administration.
Medical Experience (MedEx) Program
This program provides medical experiences to high school and college students who are considering careers as physicians. During the program, students job shadow physicians in a variety of specialties in a clinic setting.
High school students
To be considered for the program, high school students must:
- Volunteer a minimum of 30 hours at Mayo Clinic Health System.
- Be age 16 or older.
- Be a junior or senior.
For more information, contact a school advisor or email Medical Education.
Pre-med college students accepted to the program will spend up to eight, four-hour shifts (32 hours) job shadowing physicians in a variety of clinic settings during the fall, spring or summer semester.
To be considered for the program, college students must:
- Volunteer a minimum of 30 hours at Mayo Clinic Health System. To begin the process of becoming a volunteer:
- Complete a volunteer application during the designated time frame.
- Participate in an interview.
- Attend volunteer orientation.
- Begin the application process for the Medical Experience Program:
- Complete at least 20 of the 30 hours of required volunteer hours. Remaining hours may be completed after the application deadline but before beginning the program.
- Complete an application available from Volunteer Services or Medical Education after your required hours are completed.
- Write an essay.
- Submit two letters of reference.
- Be seriously considering a career as a physician.
Once accepted to the program, students will be required to attend a two-hour orientation. Job shadowing with physicians will take place during the semester they applied for.
For more information about the Medical Experience Program, email Medical Education.