Mission, Vision, Values
Living the Mayo Clinic Mission
To inspire hope and contribute to health and well-being by providing the best care to every patient through integrated clinical practice, education and research.
Mayo Clinic will provide an unparalleled experience as the most trusted partner for health care.
The needs of the patient come first.
These values, which guide Mayo Clinic's mission, are an expression of the vision and intent of our founders, the original Mayo physicians and the Sisters of Saint Francis:
- Respect — Treat everyone in our diverse community including patients, their families and colleagues with dignity.
- Compassion — Provide the best care, treating patients and family members with sensitivity and empathy.
- Integrity — Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and personal responsibility, worthy of the trust our patients place in us.
- Healing — Inspire hope and nurture the well-being of the whole person, respecting physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Teamwork — Value the contributions of all, blending the skills of individual staff members in unsurpassed collaboration.
- Excellence — Deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of every team member.
- Innovation — Infuse and energize the organization, enhancing the lives of those we serve, through the creative ideas and unique talents of each employee.
- Stewardship — Sustain and reinvest in our mission and extended communities by wisely managing our human, natural and material resources.
Franciscan Healthcare Statement of Heritage and Values
Franciscan Healthcare, based on our health system's Christian heritage and belief in human dignity, uniquely expresses the following values to align with the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration and Mayo Clinic:
- We respect the dignity, diversity and the God-given worth of every human being.
- We provide compassionate personal care through our presence and response to the thoughts, feelings and unique needs of all people, especially the poor and underserved.
Standards for values integration:
- In the spirit of servant leadership, we welcome and seek to meet the unique needs of the patients, families, colleagues and co-workers we serve.
- When integrated and lived, our values guide our individual behavior and result in an overall organizational culture where all employees embody Mayo Clinic and Franciscan values and practice relationship-based care.
- The daily actions of the staff give witness to and support for the mission, vision and values of the organization and its sponsors. These behavioral statements apply to all Franciscan Healthcare staff members:
- Practice pleasant, courteous and professional manner of speech and behavior in all forms of interaction and communication with all people.
- Take initiative to foster and maintain constructive relationships and participate in efforts to make things better.
- Actively seek opportunities to help all people.