Pulmonary Rehab Program in Eau Claire
Like cardiac rehab, learning breathing and relaxation techniques can help you can better cope with stressful situations and maximize your energy level. Our health care professionals and your motivation can improve your quality of life.
Call 715-838-6138 or 1-888-838-4777, ext. 8-6138, to learn more about our comprehensive program in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, consisting of small group sessions taught by a team of respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists, registered nurses, chaplains, dietitians and social workers. Individual monitored exercise programming is also an integral component of the program.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation program topics include:
- Physical conditioning
- Living with chronic respiratory disease
- Medication review
- Relaxation techniques
- Learning about home respiratory equipment
- Breathing techniques
- Pacing yourself in daily activity
- Advance directives
- Coping skills
In addition to individualized attention, some of our locations offer small group sessions for social support with others who share similar experiences. All services are provided on an outpatient basis.
You can have more control over the way you feel. Pulmonary rehabilitation has been shown to:
- Improve quality of life
- Improve capability for carrying out daily activities
- Increase exercise tolerance
- Reduce anxiety, panic and depression
- Increase feelings of control and self-esteem
- Assist in developing a support system
- Promote independence
- Reduce hospitalization and health problems
Medicare, Medical Assistance or private insurance carriers often cover costs of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program. Please check with your carrier.
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.