Mayo Clinic Health System Care
Need to make an appointment?
Radiology & Imaging
Mammograms are offered in Decorah, Iowa. During a mammogram, an X-ray image of your breast is used to screen for breast cancer. Digital mammography is provided to detect breast cancer earlier. Having a digital mammogram is similar to having a traditional film mammogram.
However, digital mammography provides additional benefits, such as:
- Immediate availability of the images on the technologist's screen.
- Reducing the need for retakes due to underexposure or overexposure.
- Clearer images for analysis.
- Faster and easier transmission, storage and reproduction of the images.
- Eliminating the dependence on only one set of original films.
Learn more about the types of mammography imaging services from the Mammography page.
Not all treatments, tests and services are available at all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. Check with your preferred location in advance.