Radiology & Imaging
Mammograms are offered in Decorah, Iowa. During a mammogram, an X-ray image of your breast is used to screen for breast cancer. Digital mammography is provided to detect breast cancer earlier. Having a digital mammogram is similar to having a traditional film mammogram.
However, digital mammography provides additional benefits, such as:
- Immediate availability of the images on the technologist's screen.
- Reducing the need for retakes due to underexposure or overexposure.
- Clearer images for analysis.
- Faster and easier transmission, storage and reproduction of the images.
- Eliminating the dependence on only one set of original films.
Learn more about the types of mammography imaging services from the Mammography page.