Psychiatry & Psychology in Decorah
Healthy mental and emotional well-being is essential to your life. Psychiatry and psychology professionals at WinnMed in Decorah are available to help you address your mental and emotional needs.
Our caring and respectful team, comprised of Mayo Clinic Health System and WinnMed practitioners, is dedicated to caring for patients and developing a personalized, evidence-based care plan. We work closely with WinnMed primary care providers to provide psychotherapy services and referrals for patients needing longer-term care.
Conditions addressed include:
- Addiction counseling
- Adjustment disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Dissociative disorders
- Eating disorders
- Mental disorders due to a general medical condition
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-partum depression
- Relationship problems
- Sleep disorders
- Somatoform disorders
- Trauma disorders
We provide evaluation and treatment for all ages:
- Clinical psychology evaluates and treats patients experiencing minor or significant disruption in their day-to-day activities. Disruptions may be from recent events, or they may be from long-standing concerns.
- Psychiatry & Psychology providers consult with medical providers to assist in managing medical concerns that have direct emotional and psychological implications.
The team also offers evening therapy groups:
- Chronic pain management group. Patients who suffer from chronic pain will learn to manage their pain in ways other than medication.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) essentials group. Patients will learn core DBT skills to be mindful in the present moment, improve their communication, increase emotional resilience and handle challenging emotions in healthy ways.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I) group. Patients will learn strategies to change thoughts and behaviors associated with sleep and lifestyle habits that improve sleep and relaxation techniques.
Services are also offered by WinnMed Behavioral Health providers. Learn more.