Speaking of HealthRaising healthy eaters: Should kids clean their plate?September 21, 2022
Speaking of HealthCan wet hair make you sick?September 20, 2022
Speaking of HealthParenting a child, teen with ADHDSeptember 13, 2022
Primary care is your first resource for health care in Chetek, Wisconsin. It encompasses health services to cover a range of prevention, wellness and treatment of common health conditions and illnesses. It also is where you go for checkups and routine medical appointments.
Health care professionals in primary care include physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. They often maintain a long-term relationship with you to support and manage your ongoing care.
Choosing a primary care provider
Finding the right primary care provider is important, and it's the first step to take as a new patient. Having a primary care provider allows you to establish a trusting relationship with one person who gets to know you and your medical history, and who provides continuity of care for you and your family.
A primary care provider:
- Evaluates and treats day-to-day health problems
- Advises you on preventive screenings at different stages throughout your life
- Follows up with you to explain test results and judge how well your treatment is working
- Refers you to qualified specialists when needed
- Maintains the big picture of your overall health and treatment needs
Primary Care includes these specialties:
When selecting a primary care provider, you may consider:
- A clinic or office location
- A specific specialty: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
- Your medical conditions, perhaps matching your needs to the interests or expertise of the health care professional
- Personalized assistance by calling the Primary Care Provider Referral Line at 1-866-711-2702
To learn about our health care professionals, browse the directory of providers, selecting your preferred location.
Medicare annual wellness visit
If you're a Medicare recipient, you're eligible to take advantage of annual wellness visits.
During this free preventive visit, you'll meet with a registered nurse to develop or update your personalized prevention plan based on your current health and risk factors. It's not a physical exam and does not replace an annual physical exam with your primary care provider.
Call your primary care provider's office and ask to schedule your Medicare annual wellness visit.