Patients & Visitors
Amenities - Bloomer, Wisconsin View our visitor guide
- Lactation room
- Language and interpretive services
- Mayo Clinic Store (medical supply store)
- Room service
- Support Person Program
- Waiting areas
- Wireless internet access
Mayo Clinic Health System offers CaringBridge free of charge for patients while at a Mayo Clinic Health System location. A CaringBridge site offers many ways for people to stay connected with loved ones at home and elsewhere during any type of health event.
Patients and their families can post messages, updates and pictures, and loved ones can respond with messages of support and encouragement. The service is confidential, secure and private, and is accessible only to people selected by the patient or loved one. Users have access to multiple privacy settings and can be assured that personal data is protected and will not be sold. Set up a page today.
Ask any staff member for assistance locating a private space for nursing mothers.
Language and interpretive services
Visit Accessibility to Services for more information.
Mayo Clinic Store
The Mayo Clinic Store is committed to serving your special health care needs by offering a full range of medical supplies and products. Visit the Mayo Clinic Store page to search for a location near you and for information about the products and services offered.
- Fill prescriptions received from a Mayo Clinic Health System health professional at a Mayo Clinic Health System Pharmacy or another local pharmacy.
- Have your medication mailed to you through the Mayo Clinic Mail Order Pharmacy.
- An InstyMed machine is available for patients and visitors near the Emergency Department in the hospital to access prescriptions 24/7.
With room service dining, you can order food to your hospital room. Menu options may be restricted depending on the diet your health care professional approves. Consider food allergies and diabetic restrictions when ordering.
Support Person Program
When a patient is admitted to any inpatient department, Mayo Clinic Health System asks the patient or family member to identify one support person who will be the primary patient representative to receive information and updates about the patient's condition. This support person also is responsible for communicating these updates to family and friends and acting as the patient's advocate.
Each patient is assigned a security code. To protect the privacy of the patient and allow the nurse to spend the maximum amount of time with the patient, the support person must have this security code to obtain information about the patient.
Consider these tips:
- Let Mayo Clinic Health System know if you do not want your name and contact information to be given to callers and visitors if they ask for your updated clinical information.
- Take notes when receiving medical information so you can refer to them when updating family and friends.
- Ask for information about CaringBridge to post online updates.
Patients and loved ones have access to a comfortable waiting area with a TV, computer and Wi-Fi, and can access an outdoor courtyard upon request.
Wireless internet access
Free wireless internet access is available for your convenience.