Psychiatry and Psychology
Psychiatry and Psychology are part of our broader Behavioral Health Services unit in La Crosse. We are regional leader in mental health service, research and education, and have a long history in local communities as a provider of these important services. Our physicians and doctoral-trained staff hold board certifications in many areas.
Psychologists provide evaluation of and treatment for emotional and behavioral disruptions. Assessments include clinical interviews and psychological testing. Psychologists work directly with psychiatrists and other physicians to provide optimal care for our medical patients.
We are dedicated to the care of patients and provide state-of-the-art evidence based care in a tradition of individual commitment to each person. Our department offers comprehensive psychiatric cares for a wide variety of mental illnesses in the inpatient, outpatient and residential settings.
Conditions addressed in Behavioral Health Services include:
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Substance-related disorders
- Delirium, dementia and other cognitive disorders
- Mental disorders due to a general medical condition
- Eating disorders
- Somatoform disorders
- Factitious disorders
- Dissociative disorders
- Sexual and gender identity disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Impulse-control disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Personality disorders
We provide outpatient (clinic) and inpatient (hospital) evaluation and treatment for all ages:
- Pediatric psychology staff consults with parents, schools and physicians to assist in the development of young people.
- Clinical psychology evaluates and treats a wide variety of patients experiencing minor or major disruption in their day-to-day activities. Some disruptions may be from recent events and some disruptions may be from longstanding concerns.
- Clinical health psychology consults with medical providers to assist in the management of medical concerns that have direct emotional/psychological implications.
Learn more about our Behavioral Health Services.
Facility-to-facility video visits
Appointments are offered via facility-to-facility video visits, which reduce the need to travel far and enable patients to receive care close to home.
For a facility-to-facility video visit, patients arrive to the clinic and a nurse connects them with the specialist via video. The innovative technology uses a Bluetooth stethoscope, a USB otoscope and high definition cameras that can move and zoom in for a high-quality physical exam and personal conversation with the specialist.
Video appointments are currently offered at select locations in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Learn more about facility-to-facility video appointments.
Call the number above for more information or to schedule an appointment.