Internal Medicine manages all aspects of an adult patient's general health care and provide seamless referrals to Mayo specialists, according to each patient's needs. Treatment includes:
- Care for patients with undefined symptoms and complaints (shortness of breath, chest pain, abdominal pain, back pain, etc.) who need help in diagnosing their illness
- Coordination of care from surgeons and other specialized care providers
- Preventive medicine screening care (mammograms, Pap smears, routine colon cancer screening evaluations, cholesterol screening, blood pressure screening, etc.)
- Collaborative care of patients with chronic medical illnesses (high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, emphysema, etc.) throughout the various stages of their illness
- Comprehensive management of medical needs for hospitalized patients
Internal Medicine is located on the 2nd floor of the clinic.
Providers View More
Not all treatments, tests and services are available at all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. Check with your preferred location in advance.