As a nurse practitioner, my philosophy of nursing is to provide individualized care to my clients by acknowledging their unique situations, educating patients and their families, and providing unconditionally compassionate, high-quality care. I believe my success as a nurse practitioner requires me to accept accountability for being a strong advocate for my patients and their loved ones as well as being a strong representative of advanced practice nursing.
I believe I am in a unique position to positively impact my patients and help improve their outcomes. I believe in the importance of creating an atmosphere that supports strong provider and patient relationships based on respect for my patient’s beliefs and desires for their health and their freedom of choice.
I have lived in western Wisconsin my entire life, growing up on our small family farm. I have been involved with Mayo Clinic Health System since 2007 as a nurse intern and have been able to continue to grow my career here. When not at work, I enjoy distance running, baking, cycling and staying busy with my husband and six children.
Training & Credentials
- Bachelor's degree, Nursing and Spanish, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Master's degree, Nursing, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Emergency Nurse Practitioner, American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Family Nurse Practitioner, American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Instructor of Emergency Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Critical Care
- Emergency Care
- Fracture reduction and splinting
- Laceration repair
- Respiratory disease management