Speaking of HealthPathways through persistent pain: Tips for managing chronic painMay 26, 2023
As a clinical health psychologist, I work at the intersection of mental and physical health. What affects the mind has an impact on the body and vice versa. My approach is holistic and evidenced-based, and I listen to my patient's stories with compassion, seeking to understand the unique circumstances that have brought them to my office. I also recognize that many of my patients, who are trying to manage chronic pain or illness, need a sense of hope, and I work to help them find those possibilities.
I grew up in Southern California and have lived in Northern Colorado for four years prior to moving to this area. I enjoy time with my family, time with my dogs, and trying new things. I recently took up cross-country skiing and am looking forward to learning how to play pickleball. I also enjoy stand-up paddleboarding and dancing. Reading and photography are my more relaxing hobbies.
Training & Credentials
- University of Mississippi School of Medicine
- Clinical Psychology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Behavioral Medicine, Kaiser Permanente
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy
- Health Psychology, American Psychological Association
- Rehabilitation Psychology, American Psychological Association
- Chronic pain and illness
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Weight management