Eau Claire, WI
Hospital1221 Whipple St., Eau Claire, WI 54703
I specialize in offering treatments, therapies, medication and/or strategies for your rehabilitation journey. Recovery from illness or injury looks different for everyone. In Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, I see people with a wide range of injuries and conditions such as spinal cord injury, shoulder overuse, knee pain or lower leg amputation. I will work with you, your family, your support system and your health care team to find what will work best for your life, where you are now. I would be honored to help you reach the best of your abilities and empower you to reach your short- and long-term goals.
I grew up in the Chippewa Valley and joined the United States Army in medical school. I was most recently stationed at Brooke Army Medical Center and The Center for the Intrepid in San Antonio, Texas, and before that at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. I focused my practice on amputation and burn rehabilitation, general musculoskeletal care and human performance programming for special operators (Marines, Rangers and Green Berets). I am thrilled to be back in my hometown!
I love to paint, draw, play recreationally competitive sports (soccer, pickleball, running), hike/snowshoe and visit national and state parks, and go to live music and theater performances. I am always looking for good nonfiction, sci-fi, historical fiction or fantasy book recommendations.
Training & Credentials
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Transitional Year Internship, National Capital Consortium at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, National Capital Consortium at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Amputation rehabilitation and prosthetics
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Human performance
- Nerve and muscle injuries
- Performing electrodiagnostic studies
- Spasticity and muscle spasm management, including botulinum toxin (Botox) injections
- Spinal disorders
- Sports medicine
- Trigger-point injections
- Ultrasound-guided injections of joint, muscle and tendon problems