Learn more about me:
Speaking of HealthKeeping children's teeth healthyFebruary 20, 2023
I believe that physicians have a responsibility to their patients and the community to work to ensure that all people have the opportunity to achieve their optimal health.
Within the clinic, I am dedicated to bringing my true, authentic self to each patient interaction. I will be present for you, listen to you and engage in shared decision-making to facilitate high quality, evidence-based, comprehensive and individualized care.
Within the community, I am dedicated to working with community partners to address the health and wellness needs of the Greater Mankato area.
I grew up in a very rural community in Eastern Colorado three hours from anywhere, so I learned how to be creative and "make fun" from a very young age. Thus, I'm easily entertained (which is good, because my husband is an entertainer). I enjoy being outdoors; hiking, bicycling, and gardening. I enjoy traveling to the high country in Colorado and up to the Boundary Waters with my husband, two girls and our goofy dog.
Training & Credentials
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Family Medicine, University of Minnesota Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
- Family Medicine, American Board of Family Medicine
- Family Medicine, American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Osteopathic Medical Society
- Society for Teachers of Family Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Community-based participatory research
- Health equity and the social determinants of health
- Medical and dental integration in primary care
- Osteopathic principles and practice
- Preventive care
- Women's and children's health
Research & Publications
- Family physicians are using neighborhood navigator to address social determinants of health, January 2023.
- Racial bias in test performance: Primary language and a more holistic knowledge assessment, October 2022.
- Development and early experience of a primary care learning collaborative in a large health care system, January 2022.
- Calling your Aunt Bertha for social assets: Family medicine and social determinants of health, January 2022.
- Kitchen adequacy and child diet quality in a racially/ethnically diverse sample, August 2021.